Sunday, March 31, 2013

Oil cleansing?

Oil cleansing seems to be the new thing out there in skin care, well for me that is.... I, like most would was skeptical but considering it as pregnancy has left me battling my skin... By the end of my eighth week it was war on. Since then I have been searching high and low for the miracle that will keep my skin beautiful but work within all the pregnancy rules and guidelines. Now I want to be clear I had a feeling this would happen as I have always struggled with my skin and I had a major problem with my skin during my second pregnancy (Julia). While interviewing OBGYNS to try and conceive our newest bundle of joy, I also worked very close with my dermatologist to make sure to come off my regimen that was not safe for pregnancy and get me on the only regimen that a dermatologist will allow during pregnancy. Because I was so diligent about my skin, and bonus I didn't have to use the hormone treatments I did with Julia, I thought I was home free. Boy was I completely incorrect with that thought process! The acne came, slowly on my face and it was like overnight on my back.... It sent me into a panic and I have tried everything to stop it from happening, I want to be able to have bare shoulders without feeling like a monster.

On that note I did find a soap that is all natural and made with an African clay but, my back got so dry and it only helped about 75%. Not bad but, not perfect either. I recently had a facial and body treatment that left my skin calm and glowing when I left. Don't get me wrong I still had my few breakouts and pigmentation on my back when I left, but my skin on my face and back was so clean... I could feel it breathing. My hubby was impressed with how i looked when i got home and he thinks the spa is a waste of money. I thought to myself this woman is a skin goddess! When the facial was over like every spa they did a little sit down and told me all about what they used on my skin. Well the first step to their facial is a pre-cleanse with an oil concoction! I was now sold on the oil cleansing theory!

Turns out after much research using a safe oil (like almond or jojoba) will clean out your pores, exfoliate your skin and latch on to all the icky oil and pull it out all the while moistiorizing and protecting your skin. My skin feels amazing and the inflammation is down. I am very excited to see the progression in the next week to month. I will keep you posted on my progress. I will say that today I wore a strapless dress and I was less self conscious then I have been in these last several weeks. I will keep you updated as to my progress on here and would love to hear any of your feedback on your experiences in the comments section below.

If you live in my area and are interested in visiting this little gem of a spa that gave me these wonderful and skin changing treatments you can contact the Hydrate Skin Bar at (505)797-1815. You can also visit her website at wwww.hydrateskinbar.com, the oil cleansing product she used on me was Dermologica Pre-Cleanse.

1 comment:

  1. My all time Fave products are living libations...they are 100% natural and contain absolutely no chemicals at all!!! Bonus, it is ALL oil!!!

    Www.livinglibations.com

    Peace~T

    ReplyDelete