Tuesday, March 19, 2013

baby shower dress.....

Back in the "old" days being pregnant was not something to show off but cover with tents!!!! As you know I am not a fan of maternity clothes and after a recent stop at a chain maternity clothing store a the mall I was reminded of my hatred for the typical maternity wear even more, every thing was so cheap looking and nothing was flattering. I spent hours walking through a mall after that horrid encounter with those ugly clothes trying to find something that would fit, be age appropriate, etc...... I left in tears and empty handed (my poor hubby had no idea how to handle this emotional event). It was that night when I found the beautiful designer I have blogged about before, she gave me hope in being fashionable while I have a growing belly. As you know,  I am now a major advocate for etsy.com. I have ordered Olivia some items, I plan to order the girls much of their summer clothes from here as well.

On a night of browsing the clothing I dared click the maternity button..... There were some beautiful things and this is where I found this dress pictured to the left. It was labeled a baby shower dress. I love it. I love the brightness of the pink and classic details of the lines and most of all, I love the simplicity of it. I purchased this little gem to wear to my baby shower which is going to be all about the "sugar and spice" of a little girl and am looking forward to seeing how it fits and what it feels like.  The dress is coming from madeleinematernity, she has lots of little beauties and this dress comes in array of other colors. What girls doesn't deserve to be beautiful at her baby shower?!

No comments:

Post a Comment