Sunday, March 17, 2013

what a wonderful idea

I love this. Not only for a couple for who is having their first child and memorializing such a monuments event in their lives, but also for a family like mine. We are blended (I have two daughters from my previous marriage).  The way I see my engagement ring is the symbol of love between my husband and I, it is something that he gave to me to promise and commit to me for the rest of his life. Just as most couples do, we exchanged rings only in this instance he was not only getting a bride to ride off into the sunset with, he was also getting two daughters. I was lucky enough to marry a man who saw the commitment to me as a "packaged" commitment. I knew on the day he married me, he was really marrying us and so my wedding ring symbolizes our new family and the commitment we made to each other and the two girls that stood beside me. We are now about to blend our family with a biological child of our own (he refers to my daughters as ours and jokes he just missed out on the messy part). I think a small token of what is being added to our family since our baby was not apart of our 'family marriage' is a perfect idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment