Friday, January 9, 2015

One hot mamma - Getting out of the house in one piece.

Have somewhere to be in a hurry?

When that happens of course your children will suddenly freeze into slow mode. Here are a couple of tips I use and that have worked  for getting one drama queen, snail and toddler out of the house in a reasonable amount (about 1 hour and 15 minuets).

1. I wake up pull out everybody s outfits and lay them on their beds.

2. Breakfast. Now that Madalyn is old enough I usually direct her to be in charge or breakfast... I taught her how to use our Keureg to make instant oatmeal.

3.I have to get in the shower while they are eating breakfast. I am able to do a quick shower and am out in time to clean up the mess. The kids are instructed to get dressed after breakfast.

4. This gives me a chance to throw my face creams on toss my hair into Velcro rollers. By this time the girls are not dressed usually found the remote or some other reason why they have done nothing I have told them to do...... This is where I need to breath most of the time. Because of my nifty rollers I can now follow them around and make sure they are dressed, brush their teeth  and have combed their hair.

5. On to final step inside the house. while they are piddling around to get their shoes on I now have a second to put my makeup up on and pack a diaper bag. After this we walk out the door.

Now the part that drives my eight year old drama queen crazy is I leave with my rollers in my hair. My hair gets to set and dry all while I am in the forty-five minute line at school to drop them off. Maybe I should tint my windows for her sake. Once I reach my destination I pull my rollers out in the car and it never took any heat or an hour in the mirror to do my hair.

We do the same things for church and special occasions. The only added time is the girls get their hair rolled as well (Olivia pictured above). Since discovering these little babies I have reduced how stressful it is to get out of house with three kids much less girls, all with little opinions on how they want to look, in time by more then half. And, if you think about it our parents did things that embarrassed us as children... It build character to have their mom drop them off at school in Velcro rollers!


No comments:

Post a Comment