Sunday, March 24, 2013

don't forget to document...

I don't know why I did it it but, on the day that I found out I was pregnant there was something that compelled me to go out and search for a journal to document my experience with this new adventure I was about to embark on..... I have been journaling my whole life but this time it was different, I wanted to document my upcoming child life what it was like to grow inside of me. Something for that baby to have for the rest of their lives no matter what happened through our lives ahead of us, the baby would always have my memories. Since then I have documented their pregnancies and the beginnings of their lives.



Eventually I ran out of specific journals for what I wanted to say to them so I greater my own... My oldest daughter is now turning seven next month and she has seen the box full of her journals. What amazed me is that at such a young age she wanted to know her story. I have read some to her and since she is reading on her own she picks them up as story books and muddles through my messy scribbles to learn what it was like to be in my belly and what it was like to be my baby. She gets to know the days she first stood, laughed and even some of the crazy stuff, like feeding the dog yogurt while she ate ut too (this happens to be one of her favorites).



It is now wonderful to share and compare the girls stories.... It been even more exciting to compare my pregnancy with my newest little addition to her sisters. My favorite part has been comparing their ultrasounds.... I'm so curious to know how much they will all look like each other? Madalyn and Julia look nothing like each other so I wonder if my little Olivia with be a one if a kind just like them, her pregnancy certainly has....been different as each of the girls has.



To all my mommies out there document, share your stories with your children, they will love and cherish them for the rest of your lives and it gives them something share one long day away with their children's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment