Monday, February 25, 2013

I wear my baby....

Now you can imagine that with two children already I would be an expert in this and have my favorites. Well I still have not found the one and I have purchased many! I am not just your average mom who wears her baby on occasion, I wear my children daily, hourly really..... Julia was just weaned from her sling in October 2012, she was just shy of being 4-years old, she is not a happy camper that the sling went away either. Lisa calls her my little "cling on." Now I have done the traditional baby carrier, that didn't really work well because Madalyn nursed nearly every hour and I couldn't nurse her in it, therefore there was in and then back out again constantly. That was way to much work.

With Julia, who lived in her sling, I forked over the cash and purchased the Hotsling from this trendy little baby boutique in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Loved it until I tried to nurse he in it.... Then it turns out I was really the only one that could wear her in it, as there was no adjusting it and it is measured to fit you (mom). As a result, I did the whole 6' long sling (you know baby origami). Well at first it was what I had been dreaming of, it did everything and that is the one I have been using since. Now you can imagine that tying the kid in can be rather complicated from time to time, especially if they squirm. After about a million Youtube tutorials and lot and lots of practice we have perfected that sling/wrap. Needless to say it is way to time consuming for all the time use.

In comes my new discovery, the Joey Sling. I found this once again in a cute little baby boutique and immediately fell in love. The woman who owns the store was there and is also a baby wearer and said she could not have lived with out it. It does all the same things my wrap does really, just a lot less fabric. She said I will be able to nurse in it and bonus, the fabric that hangs down from the ring is the perfect nursing cover so no need to carry around an extra thing in the diaper bag with me while out and about. I love the fabric patterns and colors, its like they were made for a boring person like me. It was super affordable, the least expensive of all the slings I have ever purchased (if you order it online through the company, otherwise it is nearly double on private sites and in the store).  You can click here: www.comfyjoey.com and take a look for yourself at their selections and read up on all the technical information. Happy baby wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment