Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mac & Cheese for grownups!!!



By no means do I claim I invented this little comfort food for a cold night but I have definitely perfected my recipe. It is rich and creamy, gooey and makes your belly smile :)!!!

  • I start with a base of Annies organic Mac & Cheese. This is really to tick my kids into thinking they are getting box mac & cheese...... (they are so easily fooled).
  • Now its time to make it more appropriate for grownups! I add a penne pasta ( you could use any kind. 
  • once the pasta is cooked I use portobello cream of mushroom (Trader Joes). 
  • Next up is the milk. I add just enough to saturate the noodles and make it mildly watery. 
  • A dash of butter. 
  • Once this is warm I start adding extra sharp white cheddar cheese along with a mild cheddar blend (hand graded with love by my manna banana). 
  • I then sauteed an orange bell pepper and toss that in to the delectable mix. 
  • I added chopped smoked turkey. 
  • The golden stuff, New Mexico Hatch Roasted Green Chili. 
  • Once that is nice and melted I put it all into the bread pan and fill up to only 1/2 the pan. I add a layer of provolone. 
  • The I finish filling the pan top with hand smashed cracker crumbs and toss into the oven to bake to blend it all together. 
Enjoy!!

Love -N

No comments:

Post a Comment