Friday, January 16, 2015

Quick meal for a cold day (YUM)!


If you ask me where I got this from I literally have no clue..... I am certainly no culinary expert. I came home one afternoon and threw it together. I guess you could say it was somewhat inspired my one of my favorite menu items at Del Charo in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 

I came home and concocted a creamy soup to eat with a grilled cheese. Here is what I used:

Cream of mushroom (low sodium).
Boiled cubbed potato medley I had left over from making potato salad.
Fresh garlic. 
New Mexico Hatch green chili! 
Sea salt to taste

(I have since added black beans)

I literally through all of this into a pot and let it simmer. 

Then using organic sour dough bread and extra sharp cheder cheese I made small grilled cheese sandwiches. Dinner was served and it was amazing! Just to be sure I also tested it out on my neighbors and they also loved it, SCORE! 

Note: for all my friends not from New Mexico and don't have access to our amazing chili, the frozen green chili should work. 

Love -N

No comments:

Post a Comment