Sunday, March 3, 2013

Staying active is good for the belly and the mind...


I don't know about any of you but, during my first trimester I was exhausted. I literally did not want to get out of bed, dress myself or take a shower. Once I begin to enter my second trimester I started to feel better and wanted to be active. I have joined a boot camp and one of my favorite things to do is be outside. I grew up in the middle of nowhere so of course naturally climbing a rock would seem so much more appealing to me then running on a treadmill, gyms just are not my thing.

What I have loved thanks to my in-laws is hiking. I am very blessed and lucky to live in a place where there is an abundance of it and so I can have a new hike all the time. During the last two weeks I have hiked a trial near where I live and let me tell you it is a workout! I track my heart rate, etc. and in about 1-2 hours I can burn up to 1000 calories. Because I am walking and climbing up steep inclines I am getting a killer work out in about every muscle in my legs and butt.


Now that I am showing I am finding that I am using my core to help balance me and support my lower back while I am climbing up the hills. I really worked everything from my waste down today.... The only down side to all of this is all the dirt in my shoes. I am hoping to be able to do this every week on the weekends. It so refreshing and such a good way to start out or finish a new week.  Once I got home I did some basic arm exercises that I have learned from the personal trainer I have worked with her. Its a great way for an active outdoors kind of girl to stay health!


1 comment:

  1. Keep up the hiking Naomi and Olivia will be a born athlete!

    ReplyDelete