Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Super Hero Laundry Recipe! Say goodbye to dull clothes.



Have you ever cried Noooooo? 

If you have children of course you have. 

This type of NO would be when you see your children's clothes or in my dear friends case her Pottery Barn Pillow Case with a red lipstick art project! 

Madalyn, Julia and Olivia have left me pondering at their laundry offten saying how did that get there? Julia in particular loves her dinosaur stamps. She ecspecially loves stamping herself and her clothing. 

When they were babies I loved looking at them in their Baby Gap and Ralph Lauren Clothes, they were so cute. Well what I didn't realize is that would be short lived the as soon as they they could move and have anything but milk! We quickly moved onto Target! Their clothes are constantly dingey and stained with in days of purchasing them! 

Well a mircle has been found for the laundry and anything else that can fit in your washer. While scrolling through Pinterest as I often do I saw an article about dish soap and all it's uses. I clicked the link out of curiosity. The most amazing article had a list of things Dawn liquid dish soap could be used for (Dawn is acutually one if the only non-natural cleaners we use). There it was a seed of an idea, Dawn in your laundry! The instructions said a squirt in your laundry can breath life back into your clothes! 

As many of you know laundry is my worst enemy. This article however peeked my curiosity enough to do some laundry. I started with my whites as I typically wear white every day and it gets so dingy so fast... I kicked it up a notch and added a scoop of Oxyclean and white vinegar to my new laundry "recipe." I set the washer to whitest whites and waited. Once complete I tossed them in the dyer with much doubt (I was washing them in Rio Rancho and it has the worst hard water). 

As usual, typical me I avoided the beep because that means I have to fold them and put them away.... I procrastinated until the morning when I needed one of my shirts as I was living out of  a suit case between CO and NM since September. 

All I have to say when opening the dyer and pulling out my laundry was OMG! They looked brand new! They were sparkling bright white! 

I tried the "recipe" yesterday as I sorted through all three girls laundry and organizing their closets. I closely examined each piece of laundry for stains, lack of vibrancy and of course holes in the knees (that is a common problem in this house)! This time I did a load of colors and BOOM the clothes looked nice and fresh. Out of all that laundry in the first two categories I only tossed one shirt..... I typically would have tossed it all. I saved an entire load of laundry. I still have to purchase several pair if leggings and pants due to holes on the knees! But I just saved myself hundreds as we are entering the phase of "I want designer clothes."

As for my dear friend and the red lipstick white pillow incident; the throw pillow was also saved! 

-NBS

No comments:

Post a Comment